AIR-FRYER POTATO CHIPS
After I received an air fryer for Christmas, I discovered how simple it is to make potato chips in it. Good chips are an essential, crispy side for lunch. -Melissa Obernesser, Utica, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 2 large potatoes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 360°. Using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Transfer to a large bowl; add enough ice water to cover. Soak for 15 minutes; drain. Add more ice water and soak another 15 minutes., Drain potatoes; place on towels and pat dry. Spritz potatoes with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt. In batches, place potato slices in a single layer on tray in greased air-fryer basket. Cook until crisp and golden brown, 15-17 minutes, stirring and turning every 5-7 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 252mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato chips in the air fryer?How to make potato chips in the air fryer: Spray the tops of the potatoes with the oil spray and sprinkle with salt. Turn your air fryer to 450°F and cook until the edges of the potatoes are golden brown and crisp, and the insides of the potatoes still have some lighter-colored, VERY slightly soft spots, about 10-15 minutes,...
What is an air fryer and is it healthy?Air fryers – sometimes called health fryers – cook using hot air to create a ‘fried finish’ on foods with little to no oil that’s tricky to achieve in an oven. Most pack impressive versatility into a footprint small enough to keep on a kitchen countertop as a healthier alternative to deep-fat fryers .
Are air fryer banana chips healthy?Air Fryer Banana Chips are a sweet and salty, healthy snack, that are so easy to make. They are air fried to crispy perfection with just a handful of ingredients. Homemade banana chips are tasty and make a perfect snack for your kids inside their lunch boxes or for after-school snacks.
Are air crisps a healthy alternative to deep fat fryers?Most pack impressive versatility into a footprint small enough to keep on a kitchen countertop as a healthier alternative to deep-fat fryers . Air fried chicken, buffalo cauliflower ‘wings’, air fried doughnuts and kale chips can all be made with air crisp functions.
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "airfryer chips food"
AIR-FRIED CHIPS | BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 140 per serving
- To make straight, neat chips, peel the potatoes and trim away all the rounded edges so they become rectangular blocks. Cut the blocks into batons – they should be somewhere between fries and thick chips, as if they're too thin, they might break; too thick, and they won’t cook through (if you like, save the offcuts to make mash or add to soups). Alternatively, cut the unpeeled potatoes into chips without trimming, if you're not bothered by neatness. Rinse the chips and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Tip the chips into the bottom of an air fryer (the part with the paddle), add the oil, and toss the chips in the oil so they are evenly coated. Program the fryer to cook for 30 mins using the paddle. After this time, check that the chips are tender and cooked through. If they're not, cook for a further 5 mins. Season well.
AIR FRYER POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 55 minsCategory Potato ChipsCalories 72 per serving
- Add sliced potatoes to a bowl of water and soak for 15 minutes. Pour out water, cover potatoes with fresh water, and soak for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Remove potatoes from the water and dry thoroughly. Sprinkle with smoked Cheddar salt and transfer to the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd it. Spray the potatoes with cooking spray.
AIR FRYER POTATO CHIPS - AIR FRYING FOODIE
5/5 (1)Category SnackCuisine AmericanCalories 322 per serving
AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CHIPS NO BREADING - FOOD NETWORK
AIR FRYER POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (6)Author Food Network KitchenServings 2-4Difficulty Easy
AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS - AIR FRYING FOODIE
HUNAN CAFE WARRENTON
AIR FRYER POTATO CHIPS - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
AIR FRYER CHIPS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
FISH & CHIPS FOOD FROM WARRENTON (VIRGINIA) TO BUFFALO
THE 10 BEST FISH AND CHIPS DELIVERY IN WARRENTON - ORDER FISH …
AIR FRYER POTATO CHIPS | FOOD FAITH FITNESS
3 BEST AIR FRYER CHIPS RECIPES (NINJA FOODI XL) CHIPS, FRENCH
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER PASTA CHIPS | ALLRECIPES
I’M A COOKING PRO, 5 THINGS YOU SHOULDN’T COOK IN AN AIR …
AIR FRYER BANANA CHIPS - AIR FRYING FOODIE
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO AIR FRY FROZEN CHIPS? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
THE BEST FISH & CHIPS IN WARRENTON - TRIPADVISOR
13 BEST AIR FRYERS OF 2022, TESTED AND TOP-RATED BY OUR ... - BBC …
I HAVE AN AIR FRYER AND MADE THE PERFECT TAKEAWAY-STYLE …
WHY ARE MY AIR FRYER CHIPS NOT CRISPY? USEFUL TIP FOR COOKER