CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
I love watching America's Test Kitchen and when I saw this recipe being made I knew I would have to post this right away. Garlic, butter, cheese and bread...what's not to love?
Provided by CindiJ
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 5 garlic cloves, grated
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced in half horizontally (18- to 20-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (shredded Italian blend)
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook garlic, 1 tablespoon butter, and water in small nonstick skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally, until straw colored, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Mix hot garlic, remaining butter, salt, and pepper in bowl and spread on cut sides of bread. Sandwich bread back together and wrap loaf in foil. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap bread and place halves, buttered sides up, on baking sheet. Bake until just beginning to color, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set oven to broil.
- Sprinkle bread with cheese. Broil until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer bread to cutting board with cheese side facing down. Cut into pieces.
- The serrated edges on a bread knife can pull off the cheesy crust. To prevent this, place the finished garlic bread cheese side down on a cutting board. Slicing through the crust (rather than the cheese) first will keep the cheese in place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 973.1, Fat 27, SaturatedFat 15.3, Cholesterol 58.8, Sodium 1685.6, Carbohydrate 147.7, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 6.6, Protein 36
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
- 1 lb Italian bread, loaf
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the bread into slices 1 to 2 inches thick.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly and broil 5 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Check frequently so they do not burn.
- Remove from broiler.
- Top with cheese and return to broiler 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and melted.
- Serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.8, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 20.1, Sodium 313.7, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 5.5
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make cheesy garlic bread?The quickest and BEST way to make Cheesy Garlic Bread - just drizzle with melted garlic butter, bake, top with cheese then melt. Perfect shape for dunking into soups and stews, or upgrade any meal! Preheat oven to 160C/320F. Mix butter with garlic and salt. Cut bread in half horizontally.
How to cook garlic and Parmesan cheese on bread?Directions. Cut the loaf of bread in half. Brush the garlic butter over each half, making sure it's evenly distributed. Spread the cheese mixture on the loaves and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Once out of the oven, sprinkle over the chopped parsley. Slice and serve.
How to cook garlic bread loaf?Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place on top of a baking sheet. Combine butter spread: In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and shredded cheese. Butter and cheese: Spread evenly on each side of the garlic bread. Top with Colby and mozzarella cheese.
Is there anything similar to cheesy garlic bread?I have previously made something bit similar to the cheesy garlic bread, namely my pesto stuffed bread. A delicious recipe that’s extremely versatile, meaning you can use any pesto of your liking.
Skirt steak marinated in hoisin sauce.
Provided by Nesto
This is from "Herbs and Spices the Cook's Reference" by Jill Norman. Use to rub onto fish or steak before grilling, or over a chicken before roasting.
Provided by Engrossed
Provided by hanley89
My mother sent me this unusual recipe back in the 70's. I was baking rolls in a health food restaurant at the time. The restaurant wanted me to come up...
Provided by XanderBby
I saw this recipe in TOH and changed a few things to suit my own tastes. It is very easy to throw together and has a very satisfying flavor and texture....
Provided by SaddleUp87
We heard your feedback and went back to the drawing board to double the sauciness of this recipe. Loaded with bacon and ranch seasoning, this chicken noodle...
Provided by By Cindy Rahe
This delicious breakfast-style casserole is hearty and savory enough to serve anytime of the day. Recipe is from Carnation. Note: For just the 4 of us,...
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Chewy, crispy peanut butter bars are spread with chocolate and butterscotch for a new family favorite treat.
Provided by Karo Corn Syrup
I hardly make any other cookies but these. they are so wonderful! They are loaded with lots of butterscotch, chocolate chips and oatmeal!! I make these...
Provided by cookin_nurse
Every dinner tastes better when cheesy garlic bread is on the menu. This flavorful loaf, prepped in just 10 minutes, gets a boost from Land O Lakes Butter...
Provided by By Deborah Harroun
Make and share this Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Honeybeee
Provided by Food Network
Make and share this Patak's Quick & Easy Chicken Vindaloo recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Lelandra
This recipe is adapted from a Family Circle recipe circa 1999. I have tweaked it to my liking but the integrity of the dish remains throughout. It's super...
Provided by doleful
Every year around September I get a HUGE craving for anything and everything pumpkin--especially this year since I'm expecting a little one this winter!...
Provided by smellyvegetarian
A very pretty, light, moist tea cake. IF you use the tube or bundt pan, you can use the center as a flower vase by picking fall flowers, wrapping them...
Provided by bayou-mimi
Great for a ladies' brunch or luncheon or just a breakfast/dessert! Sprinkle with edible flowers! (For a broader gender audience, add a cinnammon stick,...
Provided by GoldsmithLissa
Make and share this Baked Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Parsley
Make and share this Tennessee T-Cakes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by internetnut
People also searched
More about "cheesy garlic bread food"
QUICK CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 30 minsCategory SideCalories 267 per serving
EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (79)Total Time 25 minsCategory Garlic BreadCalories 411 per serving
- Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices, without cutting all the way through the loaf. Mix Parmesan cheese, butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl. Spread mixture between slices of bread and over the top of the loaf. Wrap loaf in aluminum foil, leaving the top partially uncovered.
CHEESY GARLIC BAGUETTE RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine AustralianTotal Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 391 per serving
- Light the barbecue. Chop the mozzarella and taleggio into small chunks and tip into a bowl with the butter, garlic, herbs and some salt and pepper. If you want, you can mix everything together with a wooden spoon, but I prefer to use my hands.
- Using a bread knife, cut diagonal slices along the loaf about three quarters of the way into the bread – don’t cut all the way through. If it looks like the bread won’t fit on the barbecue, cut it in half and make two smaller ones.
- Push the garlic butter generously between each cut, allowing some to ooze onto the top – it will caramelise and taste superb. Sprinkle the paprika over. Wrap the bread up like a cracker in a double thickness of foil. You can prepare to this stage up to a day ahead.
- Put the pack straight onto the barbecue. Cook for 2 minutes then roll it over onto its side and cook for 2 minutes more. Roll it onto its other side and cook for a further 2 minutes. Have a peek – if the cheese is melting and the bread is crispy, remove it from the barbie. Pull the slices apart and eat while hot and gooey.
THE BEST CHEESY GARLIC BREAD EVER RECIPE BY TASTY
97% (323)Calories 377 per servingCategory Appetizers
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise, then spread the butter mixture to your liking evenly on the cut sides of the baguette (any leftover mix can be frozen for up to 1 month).
- Place the baguette on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown on the edges.
GARLIC CHEESE BREAD RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD …
5/5 (59)Difficulty EasyCategory Side-DishSteps 5
- Mix the cheeses with the mayonnaise, 1/4 stick of the softened butter and the green onions. Add the salt and pepper to taste and set aside or keep in the fridge until you need it.
- Melt the remaining 1 stick butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes to release the garlic flavor.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half. Brush the garlic butter over each half, making sure it's evenly distributed. Spread the cheese mixture on the loaves and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
CHEESY ROASTED GARLIC BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
Servings 6Difficulty EasyAuthor Food Network KitchenSteps 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off the top third of the head of garlic, exposing the tops of the garlic cloves. Put the garlic on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and add the thyme sprigs. Wrap tightly with foil and roast until the cloves are golden brown and very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Unwrap the garlic and let stand until cool enough to handle. Pour any garlic-flavored oil from the foil pouch into a small bowl; squeeze the roasted cloves into the same bowl, discarding the papery shells. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the chopped thyme and an additional 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Lay the bottom half of the bread on a piece of aluminum foil that is long enough to wrap the bread. Spread on half of the roasted garlic mixture and top with half of the Parmesan. Repeat with the remaining bread, garlic mixture and Parmesan. Press the halves together so the fillings are on the inside and wrap with the foil.
- Bake until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Separate the halves, sprinkle with chopped parsley and cut into 6 pieces.
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Side DishCalories 215 per serving
- Measure the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl. Mix 300ml hand-hot water with the oil and honey in a jug, then pour into the dry mix, stirring all the time to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, then knead for 5 mins until the dough no longer feels sticky, sprinkling with a little more flour as you need it. Now stretch it to fit the Swiss roll tin.
- Mix the garlic with the butter, then dot over the dough. Sprinkle over the cheese and snip over the thyme. Cover the bread with lightly oiled cling film, then leave in a warm place to rise for 40 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Remove the cling film, then bake the bread for 30 mins until golden and risen. Leave to cool for 10 mins, then cut into 12 pieces and serve.
CHEESY GARLIC MONKEY BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
5/5 (2)Steps 4Difficulty EasyTotal Time 1 hr
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Put the butter and garlic in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the butter is melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Brush the Bundt pan with some of the butter to lightly coat.
- Meanwhile, cut the biscuits into quarters. Combine the Parmesan and rosemary in a large bowl and stir together.
- Working in batches, toss the biscuits in the melted garlic butter, roll them in the Parmesan mixture to lightly coat and add them to the Bundt pan. Sprinkle the top with any leftover Parmesan mixture and drizzle with any leftover butter.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until puffed and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Loosen the bread from the sides of the pan with a knife or offset spatula. Carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate, remove the pan and serve hot.
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD ...
5/5 (6)Author Food Network KitchenServings 4-6Difficulty Easy
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD | DASH OF SAVORY | COOK WITH PASSION
Estimated Reading Time 2 minsTotal Time 20 mins
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CHEESY BRUSCHETTA GARLIC BREAD - HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCuisine ItalianCalories 127 per serving
THE EASIEST GARLIC CHEESE BREAD - SHE LIKES FOOD
Reviews 2Calories 217 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Add the flour and yogurt to a medium sized bowl and mix until a dough is formed. You will probably have to use your hands to get it all mixed together. Line a large sheet pan with a non-stick mat or parchment paper and lightly grease. Use your hands to press out the dough. you want it to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Evenly spread the butter over the dough and then sprinkle with 1/2 -1 teaspoons both granulated garlic and dried herbs. Top with cheese and then sprinkle again with garlic and dried herbs. If desired, sprinkle a little kosher salt on top.
- Bake cheese bread until beginning to brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, cut into rectangles and serve with marinara or ranch.
HOT CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
4.4/5 (46)Category BreadServings 12Total Time 40 mins
- Cut bread into 3/4-inch-thick slices, being carefully not to cut all the way through to bottom of loaf. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with cheese mixture. Wrap in foil.
GARLIC BREAD RECIPE | CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE | GARLIC ...
Category Side Dish, SnackCalories 130 per serving
EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD IN AIR FRYER RECIPE ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 7 minsCategory Side DishCalories 137 per serving
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together softened butter, minced garlic, salt & pepper with a small spoon.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread garlic butter mixture onto each slice of bread. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 15 minsServings 2
- When the rolls are ready place them on your grill rack, spread some butter, lay the sliced garlic on top of the butter, top it with cheddar and place under the grill for about 2-3 minutes, making sure that you keep an eye on them not to burn them.
- Once the cheese is melted to your liking remove the rolls and sprinkle with parsley while still warm and sticky.
HOMEMADE EASY CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (4)Calories 237 per servingCategory Bread, Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place on top of a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and shredded cheese. Spread evenly on each side of the garlic bread. Top with Colby and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until butter is melted an bubbly. You can also broil the top for 1-2 minutes at the end to give it a more crisp top.
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (99)Total Time 20 minsCategory BreadsCalories 982 per serving
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 492 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan (big enough to fit the bread) with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Make the garlic butter spread: In a bowl, mix the softened butter, minced garlic, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, and black ground pepper. Adjust to taste as needed.
- Split the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise. Spread the prepared garlic butter over the bread halves and transfer to the sheet pan. Top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. If you want a more golden brown top, broil for about 1-2 minutes.
CHEESY GARLIC PARTY BREAD: THE ULTIMATE PARTY FOOD FOR THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsTotal Time 30 mins
- In a food processor or blender, throw in the garlic cloves, parsley, and olive oil and pulse until you get small pieces.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add the garlic mix with a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Set aside.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 1" diamonds without cutting the bread all the way through. Pry the cuts open and use a spoon to drizzle the garlic butter into each cut of the bread. Stuff the bread cuts with cheese. Drizzle any remaining butter over the crust and add a bit of chopped parsley.
NEELY'S GARLIC CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (36)Author The NeelysServings 6Category Side-Dish
- Add the garlic, herbs, butter, and Parmesan to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well incorporated. Alternatively, you could fold the ingredients together using a rubber spatula.
- Spread the butter mixture down the inner length of both slices of the bread. Wrap the pieces in aluminum foil and put them onto a sheet tray. Bake until the bread crisps up and the cheese melts, about 10 minutes. At this point, remove the foil, sprinkle the slices with the mozzarella cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slide the bread back into oven until the cheese bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven to a cutting board and slice before serving.
THE BEST CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - HEATHER LIKES FOOD
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsCategory BreadCalories 115 per serving
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD BAGEL RECIPE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
5/5 (1)Category BreadServings 2Total Time 15 mins
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Category BreadsAuthor ImpatCalories 256 per serving
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - TWO ADORABLE LABS
Cuisine ItalianCategory Appetizer
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD (PULL-APART BREAD) - FOOD DOLLS
5/5 (2)Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
CHEESY GARLIC HERB QUICK BREAD - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
Category Breads And MuffinsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.8/5 (25)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side Dish, BreadCalories 385 per serving
GARLIC BREAD MADE WITH CRUMPETS AND CHEESE IS TOO DELICIOUS
Occupation News Editor
PEOPLE ARE MAKING CHEESY GARLIC TIGER BREAD LOAVES
Author Lucy Devine
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD (A FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPE)
RECIPE FOR CHEESY BREADSTICKS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - BLOGGER
LAY'S CHEESY GARLIC BREAD POTATO CHIPS WINS 'DO US A ...
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE FOR BREAD MACHINE – JUST EASY ...
42 CHEESY GARLIC BREAD IDEAS | YUMMY FOOD, CHEESY GARLIC ...
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD | ICEMUNMUN ON PATREON
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - FOOD NEWS
THIS CHEESY PULL APART GARLIC BREAD MAKES A GREAT APPETIZER
[HOMEMADE] CHEESY GARLIC BREAD : FOOD
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
AIR FRYER CHEESY GARLIC CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPE: FRESH BAKED ...
THIS CHEESY PULL-APART GARLIC BREAD MAKES A GREAT APPETIZER
[HOMEMADE] CHEESY GARLIC BREAD : FOOD
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD WITH CRUMPETS: THE EASIEST TIKTOK HACK ...
CHEESY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - CHEESE.FOOD.COM