CRANBERRY ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites (from about 1 dozen eggs), at room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/8 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tangerine or orange, zested
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen whole cranberries
- Glaze, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons tangerine or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), whip the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and salt and continue whipping until soft peaks form. With the mixer running, gradually add 1 cup of the sugar and continue whipping until stiff and the sugar has dissolved, about 30 seconds. Sift the remaining 1/2-cup sugar with the pre-sifted cake flour 3 times, to aerate the mixture. Fold into the egg whites, then fold in the vanilla, zest, and cranberries. Spoon the batter into an ungreased tube pan. Bake until light golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool by hanging the cake (in the pan) upside down around the neck of a bottle until it cools to room temperature. Run a long, sharp knife blade around the cake to loosen, then knock the cake out onto a plate. The outside of the cake will remain in the pan.
- Glaze: Stir the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour glaze over the top of the cake and spread with a spatula, letting it trickle down the sides. Let set for at least 30 minutes before serving, or until the icing is hard. Cut with a serrated knife, using a sawing motion.
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "cranberry cake food"
FRESH CRANBERRY CAKE - ALLRECIPES
5/5 (25)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 12Calories 366 per serving
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter with a whisk until well mixed. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture until batter is well blended. Fold cranberries into batter until just mixed and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- For sauce, heat 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir cream sauce until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Pour hot sauce over hot cake. Allow cake to cool in the baking dish for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
15 CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPES
- Cranberry Upside-Down Coffee Cake. View Recipe. Half of the fun of this cake is turning it over to reveal a sweet mixture of cranberries and pecans baked onto the bottom.
- Ultimate Cranberry Pudding Cake. View Recipe. This cranberry Bundt cake is doused in a hot butter sauce, making it one to save for special occasions. You can also serve the sauce in a bowl in the center of the cake for a beautiful presentation, like reviewer ILA8030 suggests.
- Cranberry Upside-Down Sour Cream Cake. View Recipe. This stunning, fresh cranberry upside down cake will be the star of any holiday gathering. Sour cream makes the cake extra moist.
- Cranberry Sour Cream Kuchen. View Recipe. Make a holiday tradition out of this German coffee cake: "This is a holiday breakfast favorite in our home. It is equally delicious served warm or cold, and it also freezes well, so you can make it ahead."
- Cranberry Apple Cake. View Recipe. Two classic fall flavors, apple and cranberry, only get better when paired together. Drizzle it with a vanilla glaze for an extra special touch.
- Olive Oil Cranberry Bundt Cake. View Recipe. No butter? You can still get a moist result using olive oil. Some reviewers suggest adding a little orange zest, which pairs beautifully with cranberries.
- Fresh Cranberry Cake. View Recipe. This simple, fresh cranberry cake can easily transition into other seasons by swapping cranberries for other fresh berries.
- Cranberry Orange Cake. View Recipe. Orange juice and orange zest gives light orange flavor to go alongside fresh cranberries in this Bundt cake. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Cheesecake with Cranberry Glaze and Sugared Cranberries. View Recipe. Here's a make-ahead dessert that will look beautiful on your Thanksgiving table: "Cranberries and orange are a natural pairing, and I wanted to combine them in a cheesecake fit for the Thanksgiving table.
- Nana's Cranberry Kuchen. View Recipe. Kuchen, which is German for cake, typically contains a fruit or custard filling and a topping of some sorts, or in this case, a fresh cranberry filling and a crunchy streusel topping.
CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS CAKE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
A PERFECT CHRISTMAS CAKE: PISTACHIO CRANBERRY CAKE
CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 5Difficulty Easy
DELICIOUS CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 201 per serving
EASY CRANBERRY CAKE - SUGAR APRON
5/5 (1)Category Christmas, Cranberry Cake, Easy DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
EASY CRANBERRY AND APPLE CAKE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ina GartenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
EGGLESS PISTACHIO CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CAKE… CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!
CRANBERRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CRANBERRY RICOTTA CAKE (FOR THOSE WHO MISSED IT)
CRANBERRY COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
[SICHUAN] MATCHA CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
ORANGE CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS CAKE WITH SUGARED CRANBERRY WREATH
CRANBERRY SAUCE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CRANBERRY POUND CAKE WITH CRANBERRY GLAZE RECIPE
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE - A LATTE FOOD
CRANBERRY ORANGE OLIVE OIL CAKE WITH SIMPLE GLAZE (GLUTEN-FREE)
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE • EASY RECIPE! - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
BEST CHRISTMAS CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
CRANBERRY DESSERT CAKE WITH BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
THE CRANBERRY CAKE | MISS CHINESE FOOD
22 CRANBERRY CAKE IDEAS | RECIPES, CRANBERRY CAKE, FOOD