GINGER SUGAR COOKIES
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 large egg yolk
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Cream butter and sugars with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in ginger, then yolk.
- Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Turn out dough onto lightly floured parchment. Roll out until 1/4 inch thick, and cut out cookies using a 1 3/4-inch heart-shaped cutter. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush each cookie with a damp pastry brush, then sprinkle with sanding sugar. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake until cookies are set and light gold around edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks, and let cool. Cookies will keep, covered, for up to 3 days.
SOFT GINGER SUGAR COOKIES
These cookies really do stay soft! They are rolled in sugar and the tops crack while baking. I often double the recipe because they go so fast. I think this recipe came from Canadian Living magazine.
Provided by Cookin-jo
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses and beat well.
- Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
- The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar.
- Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle.
- Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins.
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "ginger sugar cookies food"
GINGERBREAD SUGAR COOKIES - DAILY DISH RECIPES
4/5 (1)Category Cookies-Bars-BrowniesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Beat in the egg. Stir in the orange juice and molasses. (Tip: To make molasses better come out of the measuring cup, spray the cup with cooking spray before measuring out the molasses.)
- On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing a little at a time until fully incorporated. Don't over mix cookies. The dough will be very sticky.
- Put the dough into the freezer for 25-30 minutes to chill. Don't let it freeze, but it will make the dough easier to work with.
ULTIMATE GINGER COOKIE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ina GartenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
BIG SOFT GINGER COOKIES - ALLRECIPES
BASIC SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
DOUBLE-GINGER SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - GRACE PARISI
GINGER SUGAR COOKIES - EASY DESSERT RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Cookie, DessertCalories 169 per serving
GINGER SUGAR COOKIES WITH VANILLA ROYAL ICING - FOOD NETWORK
Author Lorraine PascaleSteps 10Difficulty Easy
BEST CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
PANETTONE SUGAR COOKIES | SARAH KIEFFER
MARTHA STEWART'S FAVORITE SUGAR COOKIES WITH COGNAC: GET THE RECIPE
DAN 'GROSSY' PELOSI SHARES EASY SUGAR CUT-OUT COOKIE RECIPE FOR ...
DUFF GOLDMAN SHARES HIS GO-TO, CROWD-PLEASER COOKIE RECIPE
MERRY CHRISTMAS 2022: SUGAR-FREE GINGERBREAD COOKIE AND OTHER …
BEST CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | RECIPELION.COM
SUGAR FREE GINGER COOKIES | THE GINGHAM APRON
GINGER SUGAR RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OLD FASHIONED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | GET CRACKING - EGGS.CA
EASY CUT-OUT SUGAR COOKIES WITH ICING RECIPE - TODAY.COM
GINGERED SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
DIABETIC GINGER COOKIES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SOFT GINGER COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASY SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO)
SUGAR COOKIE RECIPES
SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
OAT FLOUR SUGAR COOKIES - DETOXINISTA
GINGER - BROWN SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM