CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL SCOTCHIES
I hardly make any other cookies but these. they are so wonderful! They are loaded with lots of butterscotch, chocolate chips and oatmeal!! I make these all the time for gatherings, camping trips etc. and there are never any left to bring home.
Provided by cookin_nurse
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 3 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowel cream margarine, shortening, and brown sugar. Add eggs and water. Gradually add flour. Mix in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in oats, butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 375.
Top Asked Questions
What makes oatmeal scotchies so special?The two ingredients which make these extraordinary cookies special are the combination of oats and butterscotch chips. These Oatmeal Scotchies will disappear from your cookie jar in no time. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
How to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?This is such a simple oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. I saw no reason to complicate a classic! In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. This will take about 4 minutes. Then, add in the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips last.
How do you make Orange's famous oatmeal scotchies?Orange's Famous Oatmeal Scotchies! Shannon Gallant Orange's Famous Oatmeal Scotchies! Molly Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat the first egg into the butter mixture until completely blended; beat the vanilla into the mixture with the last egg.
What ingredients do you need to make oatmeal Scotch cookies?Oatmeal scotchies rule. Flour: All-purpose flour is the structure of the cookies. Baking Soda: Baking soda helps the cookies rise. Cinnamon: Cinnamon and butterscotch are a winning flavor combination. You’ll love the sweet cinnamon spice in each bite. Salt: Salt adds flavor. Butter: We use 1 cup of room temperature butter in this cookie recipe.
Skirt steak marinated in hoisin sauce.
Provided by Nesto
This is from "Herbs and Spices the Cook's Reference" by Jill Norman. Use to rub onto fish or steak before grilling, or over a chicken before roasting.
Provided by Engrossed
Provided by hanley89
My mother sent me this unusual recipe back in the 70's. I was baking rolls in a health food restaurant at the time. The restaurant wanted me to come up...
Provided by XanderBby
I saw this recipe in TOH and changed a few things to suit my own tastes. It is very easy to throw together and has a very satisfying flavor and texture....
Provided by SaddleUp87
We heard your feedback and went back to the drawing board to double the sauciness of this recipe. Loaded with bacon and ranch seasoning, this chicken noodle...
Provided by By Cindy Rahe
This delicious breakfast-style casserole is hearty and savory enough to serve anytime of the day. Recipe is from Carnation. Note: For just the 4 of us,...
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Chewy, crispy peanut butter bars are spread with chocolate and butterscotch for a new family favorite treat.
Provided by Karo Corn Syrup
I hardly make any other cookies but these. they are so wonderful! They are loaded with lots of butterscotch, chocolate chips and oatmeal!! I make these...
Provided by cookin_nurse
Every dinner tastes better when cheesy garlic bread is on the menu. This flavorful loaf, prepped in just 10 minutes, gets a boost from Land O Lakes Butter...
Provided by By Deborah Harroun
Make and share this Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Honeybeee
Provided by Food Network
Make and share this Patak's Quick & Easy Chicken Vindaloo recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Lelandra
This recipe is adapted from a Family Circle recipe circa 1999. I have tweaked it to my liking but the integrity of the dish remains throughout. It's super...
Provided by doleful
Every year around September I get a HUGE craving for anything and everything pumpkin--especially this year since I'm expecting a little one this winter!...
Provided by smellyvegetarian
A very pretty, light, moist tea cake. IF you use the tube or bundt pan, you can use the center as a flower vase by picking fall flowers, wrapping them...
Provided by bayou-mimi
Great for a ladies' brunch or luncheon or just a breakfast/dessert! Sprinkle with edible flowers! (For a broader gender audience, add a cinnammon stick,...
Provided by GoldsmithLissa
Make and share this Baked Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Parsley
Make and share this Tennessee T-Cakes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by internetnut
People also searched
More about "chocolate chip oatmeal scotchies food"
FLOURLESS OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - THE BAKERMAMA
4.9/5 (22)Category DessertServings 20Total Time 20 mins
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the oats and baking soda and mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 ounce cookie scoop, drop two-tablespoon sized portions of dough a few inches apart onto lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Slightly flatten the top of each scoop of dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
SKINNY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FROM THE FOOD …
4.6/5 (10)Calories 126 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.Pull out 2 medium bowls, one for dry ingredients, one for wet.In one bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.Melt the butter in the other bowl.
- Whisk in the honey.Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until it has just come together (don't overdo it).Save out about half of the chocolate chips.
STEEL CUT OATMEAL SCOTCHIES COOKIES RECIPE | SARAH'S ...
4.4/5 (55)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 26 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl), combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Then, with the mixer running on low, slowly add the flour mixture, until just combined. Turn off the machine when you are down with these additions. Add the steel cut oats and butterscotch chips. Mix gently (on a low speed) to incorporate.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop the cookies about two inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely before storing.
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (NO EGGS) RECIPE - …
5/5 (91)Total Time 46 minsCategory Drop CookiesCalories 138 per serving
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - MY SUBURBAN KITCHEN
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertsServings 24Total Time 1 hr
- Beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fully combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL SCOTCHIES RECIPE - SOMETHING SWANKY
Category All RecipesEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture. Mix until dough forms.
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (232)Author Wayne Harley BrachmanCuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, and pecans together with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 30 seconds until blended. Beat in the egg until smooth and barely fluffy. With mixer running on medium high, drizzle in the maple syrup, and vanilla until incorporated. Turn the mixer down to its lowest setting and gradually add the flour-oatmeal mixture. Blend just to combine, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop walnut-sized balls of dough onto a nonstick or parchment-lined cookie sheet at 3-inch intervals. With moistened fingers, flatten and round out the cookies a little. Bake for 9 minutes, turning the pan once for even baking. The cookies are done when they are lightly browned on top. Set the cookie sheets on a rack to cool.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 5.6KCalories 145 per servingCategory Desserts, Cookies, Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (839)Category Desserts, Cookies, Oatmeal Cookie RecipesServings 72Calories 223 per serving
CHEWY CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - BEST ...
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES COOKIE RECIPE - YEYFOOD.COM
THE BEST OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - AVERIE COOKS
4.5/5 (453)Calories 334 per servingCategory Cookies
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the egg, butter, sugars, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the chocolate chips, optional raisins or nuts, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 11 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly. Tip – Strategically place a few chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top.
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - PREPPY KITCHEN
Ratings 19Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
SOFT AND CHEWY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - JUST SO TASTY
4.8/5 (62)Calories 261 per servingCategory Dessert
- Turn the mixer down to low and carefully beat in the flour mixture into the butter mixture until almost combined.
CHEWY OATMEAL M&M COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
5/5 (25)Category DessertServings 36Total Time 1 hr
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and mix on high until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and molasses and mix on high until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Beat in the oats and M&Ms on low speed. Dough will be thick, yet very sticky. Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator (do the full hour if you’re afraid of the cookies spreading too much). If chilling for longer (up to 2 days), allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll balls of dough (about 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie) and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. I recommend using a cookie scoop since the dough can be sticky. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look soft and under-baked. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will continue to “set” on the baking sheet during this time.
SOFT & CHEWY OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.8/5 (39)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until combined and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, molasses, and vanilla and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, beat in the oats and butterscotch morsels. Dough will be thick and sticky. Cover and chill the dough for at least 45 minutes in the refrigerator (and up to 4 days). If chilling for longer than a few hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES | RECIPES
Servings 48Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Tags
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; mix well. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - PREPPY KITCHEN
Category Dessert, SnackCalories 170 per serving
OATMEAL-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
4.5/5 (469)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 120 per serving
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES & 7 TIPS FOR ... - FOOD & SWINE
Reviews 5Published 2015-10-24Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Make sure your recipe is solid and that you follow directions closely. *This sounds like a no-brainer, but if you miss an ingredient or measurement, it can ruin the whole batch.
- Check your cookie baking gear. *The baking sheets you use will directly affect the outcome of your cookie. I recommend traditional aluminum half sheet, baking sheets.
- Check your OVEN. Nearly every oven I’ve ever tested is not at the preheat temperature when the “Preheat Beeper” goes off. Wait, 10 or maybe 20 minutes.
- Size matters, and consistency is key. Purchase ice cream scoops to help get perfect portions of dough. *I recommend a 1/4 cup or 4 oz. cookie. This is the perfect size.
- Roll dough balls in sugar prior to baking. This ends up being my little secret, but I have found that cookies store better when they have been rolled in and baked in a bit of extra sugar.
- Ingredients, Ingredients! Chances are, if you bake frequently, this doesn’t apply. But if you are an infrequent baker and haven’t made cookies in a year… don’t leave your once-a-year batch up to some ingredients that have been hanging out in your pantry for 18 months.
- Never eat just one. “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” - Julia Child. If you want to eat two cookies in one sitting. Goodness gracious, go for it.
LOW CARB OATMEAL COOKIES - KETO OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - JOY ...
4.8/5 (9)Total Time 22 minsCategory DessertCalories 117 per serving
- Cream together the butter and sweetener in a large bowl. Add in molasses, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 193 per serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the oats and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets. I like to use a 2 tablespoon sized ice cream scoop for this so the cookies will all be the same size.
HOMEMADE OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - BAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS
Category DessertEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or spray with baking spray.
OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - MEATLOAF AND ...
Ratings 10Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla extract until creamy
CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.7/5 Calories 130 per servingTotal Time 34 mins
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - A CEDAR SPOON
Reviews 8Category CookieServings 48Total Time 40 mins
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES RECIPE | RECIPELAND
4.6/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsServings 48Calories 81 per serving
NESTLE' OATMEAL SCOTCHIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
5/5 (74)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 4Total Time 25 mins
OATMEAL PECAN SCOTCHIES – FORK VS SPOON
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | RECIPE ...
5/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsServings 36
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES | VERY BEST BAKING
Servings 48Total Time 17 minsCategory Cookies
RECIPE: SALTY OATMEAL SCOTCHIES, THE BEST NON-CHOCOLATE COOKIE
Author Clint WorthingtonEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
OATMEAL–CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - FOOD HUNTER
BUTTERSCOTCH OATMEAL PROTEIN COOKIES - EASY, HEALTHY ...
CHOCOLATE SCOTCHIES RECIPES
BUTTERSCOTCH OATMEAL COOKIES - KEAT'S EATS
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES COOKIE RECIPE - HOSTESS AT HEART
BANANA OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES - ALL INFORMATION ...
HOMEMADE BY HOLMAN: CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL SCOTCHIES
TOASTED COCONUT CHIP & OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
BUTTERSCOTCH OATMEAL COOKIES AKA OATMEAL SCOTCHIES ...
QUAKER'S CHEWY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE ...
COOKIE AND COOKIE BAR RECIPES - HOSTESS AT HEART
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - SUNNYSIDEUPS.ORG
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS | THE COZY APRON
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES - HEATHER'S HOMEMADE KITCHEN