SMOKED PORK CHOPS
There are pork chops and then there are smoked pork chops. The rub has just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness that complements the smoky flavor perfectly. Oak is my wood of choice for these but feel free to substitute any hard wood chips.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Add wood chips according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine salt, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano in a small bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Sprinkle over both sides of each pork chop.
- Place pork chops directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 2 hours 30 minutes. Remove chops from the smoker and let rest for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 25.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 536.9 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS
Use an electric smoker to help prepare your pork chops, and it will free you up for other tasks! This recipe was created for four 1/2-inch-thick chops, but it is easily scaled up or down, according to the size of your family, or the size of your smoker.
Provided by Bibi
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 4 (1/2 inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons dry rub seasoning blend, divided
- 1 sheet aluminum foil
- Preheat an electric smoker n to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Add water and smoking chips according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pat each chop dry with paper towels, then brush 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over both sides of each chop. Sprinkle dry rub over both sides and rub over the surface of each chop.
- When wisps of smoke are seen from the smoker, place chops directly on the smoker racks. Close the door and smoke for 45 minutes to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center, near the bone, should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove from the smoker and let rest, tented with foil, for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.4 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 40.6 mg, Fat 9.8 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 495.1 mg
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH PINEAPPLE
If you can't find smoked pork chops just use the bone-in porkchops. These are great served with mashed potatoes or white rice. Seems like a lot of work, from stove top to oven, but they're great.
Provided by Kitty Kat Cook
Yield 3-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 6 smoked pork chops or 6 pork chops
- 6 pineapple slices, with juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 -2 large garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized skillet over low-medium heat, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the sweet onions, stir. Cook the onions until tender; stirring often, don't let them brown. Add the pineapples with their juice and arrange in a single layer. Reduce heat to low and allow them to caramelize, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet add 1 1/2-2 cups of water and bring to a boil, place pork chops in the boiling water and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes Remove from the water.
- In a separate large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, add the mustard and stir into the butter. Sprinkle both sides of each chop with pepper and salt and add to the skillet with the garlic and mustard. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes. Don't move them while cooking. Remove from heat. Allow them to rest in skillet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to a large ungreased glass baking dish, arrange the porkchops in a single layer. Put one pineapple slice on top of each chop and spoon the onions from the pan over them. Bake for 15-20 mins or until done (depending on the thickness of you porkchops) Enjoy!
Top Asked Questions
How to smoke pork chops in a smoker?Some other flavorful options might include: Make a dry brine using the dry ingredients. Evenly sprinkle the uncooked meat with the spice mixture. Allow the pork chops to rest, uncovered in the refreigerator for 3 to 4 hours before smoking. Smoke at 225° F. until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145°.
How to cook pork chops in the oven?Place the pork chops 5 to 7 inches from heat source. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the chop), turning only once. Do not overcook. Serve immediately. To oven roast: Preheat the oven to 350 F. In an oven-proof skillet on the stovetop, brown one side of the pork chops, cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
What do you serve with smoked pork chops?When you have a taste for ham but don't want to mess with a butt or shank portion or even a ham slice, these smoked pork chops are the perfect stand-in. Treat them like ham by serving with sweet potatoes, potato salad, and pineapple chutney . Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
How to cook pork chops on a charcoal grill?Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and warm 4 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Serve immediately. Oil the grill grate and heat the grill to medium. Place the pork chops 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "easy smoked pork chops food"
SMOKED PORK CHOP HASH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | …
Servings 4Difficulty EasyAuthor Food Network KitchenSteps 2
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the bell pepper and zucchini; cook, stirring, until just tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the pork to the skillet and sprinkle with the chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is heated through, about 2 minutes. Increase the heat to medium high and cook until the pork and vegetables are golden brown, 2 to 3 more minutes. Add the kale, cherry peppers and brine; toss until the kale is wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the basil and season with salt. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese curds.
RECIPE: QUICK AND EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS - MOODY'S BUTCHER ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main Course
- Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chops and warm 4 to 5 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Do not overcook. Serve immediately.
- Oil the grill grate and heat the grill to medium or preheat the broiler. Place the pork chops 5 to 7 inches from heat source. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the chop), turning only once. Do not overcook. Serve immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In an oven-proof skillet on the stovetop, brown one side of the pork chops, cooking 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over the chops and place the skillet in the oven; roast for 20 minutes.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS TWO WAYS – BRINED & DRY RUBBED RECIPES
4/5 (24)Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
GLAZED SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
5/5 Ratings 2Reviews 2Total Time 10 mins
SMOKED PORK RIB CHOPS | PHOTOS & FOOD
4/5 (2)Category Main, Main CourseCuisine American, Canadian, North AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices together. Note, you may need to press down the brown sugar with the back of a spoon to remove lumps.
- Coat the pork rib chops with the spice mixture. Make sure to be generous with the spices on the top, bottom and sides of the chops.
- Start up the smoker according to your manufacturer's instructions and raise the temperature to around 225 ºF.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - IMMACULATE BITES SMOKING AND BBQ
Cuisine SouthernTotal Time 2 hrsCategory MainCalories 128 per serving
TRAEGER PORK CHOPS - THE FOOD HUSSY
4.2/5 (11)Total Time 10 hrs 15 minsCategory EntreeCalories 256 per serving
- For the Brine: Dissolve the salt and sugar in 1 gallon of water. Once dissolved, place the chops in the brine and refrigerate overnight. Make sure chops are fully submerged weighing it down if necessary.
- Place chops directly on the grill grate and smoke for 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer reads 145℉ when inserted into the middle of the chop. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - HEY GRILL, HEY
5/5 (5)Calories 270 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. I prefer to use apple when smoking pork, but any fruit woods, maple, or pecan will also taste great with these pork chops.
- Evenly season pork chops on all sides with my sweet rub. The thicker your chops are, the more liberally you can season.
- Place the chops on the smoker, close the lid, and cook until the internal temperature of the chops reads 145 degrees F. This process can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes, depending on how thick your pork chops are.
SMOKING BONELESS PORK CHOPS THE EASY WAY - GRILL MASTER ...
4.9/5 (9)Category Main CourseServings 4Calories 140 per serving
- Four hours before I am ready to make the pork chops, I combine two cups water, two cups apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns, 1/2 tablespoon candied ginger and five cloves in a big pan on the stove.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH CHILI SAUCE - GRANNY'S IN THE KITCHEN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 286 per serving
"CHAINS AND THINGS " EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS - FOOD …
Cuisine BBQCategory Main CourseServings 3Calories 288 per serving
OVEN BBQ SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory PorkCalories 546 per serving
- In small sauce pan over medium heat combine ketchup, water, brown sugar, lemon juice, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and ground cloves.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS | MY NOURISHED HOME
4.7/5 (21)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 430 per serving
- Place chops in preheated smoker and close the lid. Check the temperature of the chops every 30 minutes until they reach the desired internal temperature. These chops took around 2 hours to smoke. But the thickness will determine the cooking time. We like to use a digital thermometer to evaluate internal temperature while they smoke so they are neither over or under cooked when we pull them off the smoker.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS (WHOLE30, PALEO, GF) | HOT PAN KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 194 per serving
- Select a container that will fit the pork and brine mixture but not be too big. Measure out the apple juice and water with a measuring cup and pour both into the container. Measure out the salt with a measuring cup and pour it into the juice mixture.
- Stir the salt into the juice mixture with a whisk until it is completely dissolved (1 to 2 minutes), then put the pork in. Make sure the pork chops are covered by the brine. Cover the container (with a lid if you have one, or plastic wrap) and put it in the fridge for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Remove the container from the fridge and dump out the brine mixture. Place the pork on a cutting board and remove any excess liquid with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Now is the time to get your wood pellet grill or smoker going (we use our Traeger for this recipe). Make sure there are pellets or wood in it and set it to 225 degrees F.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED PORK CHOPS • SMOKED MEAT SUNDAY
4.5/5 (44)Category PorkCuisine BarbecueTotal Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- Add the pork chops to the brine, and then place in the refrigerator for at least an hour, and up to two hours.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Season each side of the pork chops with the same rub you used in the brine, and then place the pork chops in your smoker.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - GIMME SOME GRILLING
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 299 per serving
- Sprinkle rub on both sides of pork chops. How much you apply is really up to how much you'd like on your pork chops!
- Place pork chops on prepared smoker. Smoker for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the pork chop reaches 145 degrees F.
THE BEST SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - JUICY AND NEVER DRY
4.8/5 (11)Category BBQ, Main Course, Smoked RecipesCuisine AmericanCalories 697 per serving
- Start your brine by heating 1 quart of water in a saucepan. Let the water come to a simmer, add the brine ingredients (kosher salt, dark brown sugar, and apple juice). Stir until dissolved then add 1 quart of ice water to the mixture. Add pork chops and brine mixture to a container large enough to hold the pork chops submerged, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to overnight.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine solution and discard the used solution. Pat dry the pork chops with paper towels.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - EASY & DELICIOUS - GRILL …
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 140 per serving
TRAEGER SMOKED PORK CHOPS - EASY SMOKED PORK CHOP RECIPE
Reviews 61Calories 105 per servingCategory Traeger Recipes
- Preheat your pellet grill according to factory instructions to 175-180 degrees, or "smoke" mode if you have that.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS IN 2 HOURS [STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS]
Servings 3Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Main Course
- Prepare the brine by combining the salt and water into a large bowl. Put the pork chops into the brine solution and let them refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Combine the brown sugar, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne powder in order to prepare the pork rub.
LEARN HOW TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE ...
Ratings 1Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
- Add the Smoked Pork Chops and cook approximately 3-4 minutes on one side. Until they start to caramelize.
PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS- EASY WEEKNIGHT COMFORT FOOD - PLATE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 178 per serving
SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrsServings 6
QUICK & EASY HICKORY SMOKED GRILLED PORK CHOPS | THERMOPRO ...
4.9/5 (115)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory EntreeTotal Time 40 mins
SMOTHERED SMOKED PORK CHOPS - DATE NIGHT DOINS BBQ FOR TWO
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - THEONLINEGRILL.COM
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine American, BBQTotal Time 7 hrs 35 mins
QUICK-AND-EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (100)Total Time 12 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 410 per serving
5 EASY PORK CHOP RECIPES | HEALTH.COM
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SWEET AND SOUR PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.5/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 12 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 146 per serving
WOOD PELLET SMOKED PORK CHOPS - SIDEWALK SHOES
4.9/5 (18)Calories 230 per servingCategory Main Course
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED PORK CHOPS IN YOUR ELECTRIC SMOKER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS - QUICK & SIMPLE
KETO LUNCH RECIPES EASY - SMOKED PORK CHOPS BIG GREEN EGG
10 BEST BONELESS SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK-AND-EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS - FOOD NEWS
SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - TENDER, JUICY PORK ON THE SMOKER!
HOW TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS – 3 QUICK-AND-EASY …
THE EASIEST SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ...
ARE SMOKED PORK CHOPS FULLY COOKED? KNOW IF YOUR SMOKED ...
BAKED SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE ...
SMITHFIELD SMOKED PORK CHOP RECIPES
RECIPES USING SMOKED PORK CHOPS
NATIONAL RECIPES: EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE WITH ...
10 BEST BAKED SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHAT TO DO WITH SMOKED PORK CHOP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...