JUMBO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
In Michigan there are lots of blueberries, so I enjoy trying recipes with them, like a jumbo version of a classic muffin. - Jackie Hannahs, Brethren, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 jumbo muffins.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries., Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 13g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 289mg sodium, Carbohydrate 60g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
Muffins loaded with blueberries and a sweet streusel topping packs a great flavor using buttermilk and pastry flour. This is how I make my kids favorite snack or on the go breakfast. They can never get enough! They come out moist inside with a nice crunch on top and are always requested ;)
Provided by Vseward Chef-V
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 24 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour (pastry flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and butter that has been melted and browned slightly. Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients, mixing quickly.
- Fold in blueberries (if using frozen DO NOT THAW). Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
- Bake til golden brown. Bake at 400 F for 20 -30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.2, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 30.8, Sodium 97.4, Carbohydrate 23.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 10.5, Protein 2.3
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "jumbo blueberry muffins with streusel topping food"
STREUSEL TOPPED BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - ALLRECIPES
4.6/5 (822)Total Time 45 minsServings 12Calories 267 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, and set aside. (This simple trick will keep you from having "purple" batter)
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Remember, fold gently, don't stir. Spoon batter into prepared cups.
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 5 tablespoons sugar ,and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
JUMBO BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS - JAYLYNN LITTLE
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 38 mins
BIG BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
4.8/5 (14)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertsCalories 540 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the rack positioned in the center. Oil a 6-cup muffin tin and line with muffin liners or tulip-shaped parchment liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Make a well in the center and stir in the egg, oil, butter and buttermilk. Stir just until the flour is incorporated, then fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups 3/4 full. Top with the remaining blueberries and the crumble topping.
JUMBO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (OR CRANBERRY) RECIPE
JUMBO BLUEBERRY CRUMB MUFFINS - BAKER BY NATURE
BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE …
BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS - BUTTER BE READY
JUMBO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - FOOD.COM
5/5 (9)Total Time 40 minsCategory Quick BreadsCalories 616 per serving
- Prepare the streusel topping: In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon together; cut in the butter with your fingers until crumbly, set aside in the fridge.
BLUEBERRY-RASPBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE - FOOD …
Author Recipe from Emeril LagasseSteps 5Difficulty Easy
JUMBO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - WEBETUTORIAL
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
JUMBO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
BAKERY-STYLE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - YOUTUBE
BEST PUMPKIN MUFFINS W/ STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE (GREAT FOR FALL!)
JUMBO BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH CHEESECAKE STREUSEL - THE YELLOW …
BOUCHON BAKERY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ANNA OLSON'S CLASSIC BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS - FOOD …
BLUEBERRY LEMON STREUSEL MUFFINS RECIPES