SMOKED PORK CHOPS
There are pork chops and then there are smoked pork chops. The rub has just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness that complements the smoky flavor perfectly. Oak is my wood of choice for these but feel free to substitute any hard wood chips.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Add wood chips according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine salt, brown sugar, pepper, paprika, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano in a small bowl. Stir until evenly combined. Sprinkle over both sides of each pork chop.
- Place pork chops directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 2 hours 30 minutes. Remove chops from the smoker and let rest for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 8.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 25.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 536.9 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH PINEAPPLE
If you can't find smoked pork chops just use the bone-in porkchops. These are great served with mashed potatoes or white rice. Seems like a lot of work, from stove top to oven, but they're great.
Provided by Kitty Kat Cook
Yield 3-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 6 smoked pork chops or 6 pork chops
- 6 pineapple slices, with juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 -2 large garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized skillet over low-medium heat, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the sweet onions, stir. Cook the onions until tender; stirring often, don't let them brown. Add the pineapples with their juice and arrange in a single layer. Reduce heat to low and allow them to caramelize, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet add 1 1/2-2 cups of water and bring to a boil, place pork chops in the boiling water and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes Remove from the water.
- In a separate large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, add the mustard and stir into the butter. Sprinkle both sides of each chop with pepper and salt and add to the skillet with the garlic and mustard. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes. Don't move them while cooking. Remove from heat. Allow them to rest in skillet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to a large ungreased glass baking dish, arrange the porkchops in a single layer. Put one pineapple slice on top of each chop and spoon the onions from the pan over them. Bake for 15-20 mins or until done (depending on the thickness of you porkchops) Enjoy!
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES
I was looking for something new to do with some smoked pork chops and I found a recipe on cooks.com that I altered slightly. The original called for cranberry-apple drink rather than cider. The glaze never really thickened for me, but it the chops were still delicious. I used MacIntosh apples, unpeeled. My kids and husband cleaned their plates and my husband has already requested that I make it again.
Provided by Sonata
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 6 smoked pork chops, loin, cut 3/4 " thick
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 medium red baking apples
- In skillet over high heat, heat chops, cider, syrup, and vinegar till boiling. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 15 minutes, turning chops once.
- Meanwhile, cut apples into wedges. Remove pork chops to platter. Add apple wedges to liquid in skillet. Heat to boiling and cook until apples are fork-tender and liquid is thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet; heat through, turning chops once to coat with glaze.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook smoked pork chops?Article SummaryX. To cook smoked pork chops on the stovetop, heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of cooking oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the pork chops in it for 2 minutes on each side. Then, lower the heat and cook the pork chops for 1 more minute. You can also cook smoked pork chops on your grill set to medium-high heat.
What do you serve with smoked pork chops?When you have a taste for ham but don't want to mess with a butt or shank portion or even a ham slice, these smoked pork chops are the perfect stand-in. Treat them like ham by serving with sweet potatoes, potato salad, and pineapple chutney . Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
What is the best wood to smoke pork chops on?Any wood you like works, but I prefer apple or cherry. Rinse the pork chops in cold water and pat dry. You want them still damp. Smoke at 200F for at least 4 hours.
How to cook pork chops in a pellet grill?Instructions 1 Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. ... 2 Drizzle olive oil on all sides of the pork chops. 3 Evenly season pork chops on all sides with my sweet rub. ... 4 Place the chops on the smoker, close the lid, and cook until the internal temperature of the chops reads 145 degrees F. ... 5 Remove the chops from the smoker. ...
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "smoked pork chops food"
SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - HOW TO SMOKE PORK CHOPS
5/5 (12)Total Time 4 hrs 10 minsCategory Cured MeatCalories 241 per serving
- Weigh your pork chops in grams. Yes, you need a scale for this recipe because I have no idea how heavy or thick or large your chops are. Once you have your weight, measure out 1.25% of that weight in grams of sea salt, or kosher salt. Now measure out 0.25% - that's one-quarter of one percent - in curing salt if using. If you are not using curing salt, sub in more regular salt.
- Mix the salts and the sugar, if using, together and massage that into the pork. Ideally, you then vacuum seal the pork. If you don't have a vacuum sealer, put the pork chops in heavy freezer bags. Set them in the fridge to cure. You will need to cure these chops for a minimum of 2 days, and for chops as thick as mine, up to a week. Don't worry, this method of salting them prevents the pork from every getting too salty. You can leave the chops in there for 10 days if you wanted.
- When you are ready, get the smoker going. Any wood you like works, but I prefer apple or cherry. Rinse the pork chops in cold water and pat dry. You want them still damp.
- Smoke at 200F for at least 4 hours. You want them to be fully cooked inside, about 150F to 160F. Serve hot or cold.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrCategory PorkCalories 409 per serving
QUICK-AND-EASY SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
Ratings 116Calories 410 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree
10 BEST BAKED SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - HEY GRILL, HEY
HOW TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS THAT IS BOTH JUICY …
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED PORK CHOPS • SMOKED MEAT SUNDAY
PERFECT SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 8 hrs 40 minsCategory PorkPublished 2012-01-08
3 WAYS TO COOK SMOKED PORK CHOPS - WIKIHOW
21 SMITHFIELD BONELESS SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPES
RECIPES SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SMOKED PORK CHOPS [BARBECUE DRY RUB, WOOD & RECIPE]
SMOKED PORK CHOPS - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
SMITHFIELD SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPES RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
OVEN BBQ SMOKED PORK CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM