CHICKEN POT PIE WITH FRESH VEGGIES
The first time I cooked for this special man I wanted to be sure my Pot Pie had the best of everything. So, I want to share this easy recipe with the best filling ingredients I could find.
Provided by T Momma
Yield 2 deep dish pies, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken stock
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken (white or dark meat)
- 2 celery ribs, split lengthwise in two then chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 lb baby carrots, cut into thirds
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, Cut off the cob
- 3/4 lb fresh green beans, ends removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 family sized can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 4 ready-made pie crusts
- Place the stock and chicken into a saucepan and bring to a light boil. Turn occasionally and cook chicken for about 15 minutes or until it is no longer pink.
- In a large pot melt 1/2 of the stick of butter over low heat. Add the celery and onions, potatoes and carrots and cook on low heat, stirring often, for about 15 minutes. The veggies should only be crisp tender. Next add the fresh corn off the cob and the fresh green beans to the pot.
- Add the remaining 1/2 stick of butter, cut into chunks, and cook for about 7 more minutes with the lid on.
- Turn off the heat to the burner.
- Add the family sized can of Cream of Chicken Soup and the jar of Chicken Gravy along with the pepper. Stir all until well mixed. Chop the chicken into small bites and stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Line 2 deep-dish pie plates with pie crusts, fill each with 1/2 of this wonderful chicken and vegetable mixture. Then put a pie crust on top of each one.
- Seal the edges with a nice crimp, slip the top of the crusts, (I usually make a cute design in mine). Brush the whole top crust with some egg white.
- Using 3 inch pieces of aluminum foil, cover the edges so that they don't over-brown. Take these off during the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Enjoy!
CHICKEN AND FALL VEGETABLE POT PIE
- 4 pounds chicken breasts with skin and bones
- 4 to 6 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound turnips, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large bunch turnip greens (about 8 to 10 ounces), center stem cut away, leaves cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only), sliced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Herb Crust
- Butter 4-quart oval baking dish. Place chicken breasts in heavy large pot. Add just enough broth to cover chicken. Bring broth to boil; reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, skimming surface occasionally, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate and cool.
- Add carrots and turnips to chicken broth in pot. Simmer uncovered until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to prepared baking dish. Add turnip greens to broth and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Using slotted spoon, transfer greens to colander; drain well. Add to vegetables in baking dish.
- Strain broth; reserve 4 cups. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Cut meat into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces. Add chicken to vegetables in baking dish.
- Melt butter in same pot over medium heat. Add leeks, shallots and thyme. Sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Stir in 4 cups broth and white wine. Increase heat to high and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add cream and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, whisking frequently, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour gravy over mixture in dish. Stir to blend. Cool 45 minutes. (Filling can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Position 1 rack in top third of oven and place baking sheet on bottom rack in oven; preheat to 400deg;F. Roll out crust dough on parchment paper to 15x10 1/2-inch rectangle. Using paper as aid, turn dough over onto filling. Trim dough overhang; tuck dough edge inside dish. Roll out dough scraps to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out leaf shapes. Brush bottom of cutouts with water and place on crust; cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place pot pie on top rack and bake until crust is golden and gravy is bubbling, about 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "chicken and veggie pot pie food"
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
3.3/5 (559)Calories 398 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the chicken in a pot of simmering water until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes; let cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, 6 to 8 minutes (do not let them darken). Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add the milk and simmer until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, peas, thyme, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer to a shallow 1½- to 2-quart baking dish.
- Lay the crust on top, pressing to seal. Cut several vents in the crust. Place the pot pie on a baking sheet and bake until bubbling and the crust is golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
EASY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE - ALLRECIPES
5/5 (8)Author Almond BreezeServings 6Total Time 1 hr
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add potatoes, celery, and carrots and saute until vegetables are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly stir in Almond Breeze almondmilk, broth, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add corn and chicken to pan and cook, covered, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
CHICKEN AND BISCUITS POT PIE - SMELLS LIKE HOME
VEGAN CHICKEN POT PIE - SARAH'S VEGAN KITCHEN
CHICKEN POT PIE (OR VEGGIE POT PIE) - GOOD. FOOD. STORIES.
VEG-ALL CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Savory PiesCalories 608 per serving
CHICKEN AND VEGGIE POT PIE FOR BABY LED WEANING
Servings 1Total Time 55 minsCategory Dinner
CHICKEN AND ROOT VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CHICKEN VEGGIE POT PIE - SUNGROWN KITCHEN
21 BEST POT PIE RECIPES | CHICKEN, TURKEY, BEEF, VEGGIE | RECIPES ...
HOW LONG TO COOK CHICKEN POT PIE? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
TOP 46 CHICKEN AND FALL VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPES
ONE-POT DIJON CHICKEN MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
15 EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP - MAMA NEEDS CAKE®
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WHAT VEGETABLES ARE IN CHICKEN POT PIE - PIEPRONATION.COM
RECIPE FOR A FULL FESTIVE ROAST CHICKEN DINNER | SUDBURY STAR
CREAMY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SALMON AND VEGGIE POT PIES RECIPE | COLES
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH BISCUIT CRUST RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
RECIPE FOR A FULL FESTIVE ROAST CHICKEN DINNER | OTTAWA CITIZEN
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GLUTEN-FREE CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POT PIE - MAGIC SKILLET
CAN YOU GET FOOD POISONING FROM A POT PIE? | DEPENDABLE
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH CANNED VEGETABLES RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
CHICKEN AND VEGGIE POT PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHICKEN AND VEGGIE POT PIE RECIPE | COLES
VEGGIE AND CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE POT PIE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHICKEN POT PIE | RECIPETOEATS