PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS
Scallops have a reputation for being hard to cook correctly, but this recipe is really fast, easy, and oh so tasty. The key is high heat for the sear, a good nonstick pan, and clarified butter. Pairs well with risotto.
Provided by Brian Genest
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 12 medium sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 5 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee), warm
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
- Place scallops in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine 5 tablespoons warm butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl; whisk until combined. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- At the same time, remove scallops from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, making sure it does not smoke. Brush scallops with garlic mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the bottoms begin to sear and turn golden, about 2 minutes. Flip scallops, brush with garlic mixture, and cook another 2 minutes. Remove scallops from the heat and let them continue to cook while they rest, off the heat, for 5 more minutes. Plate and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 232.4 mg, Fat 52.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 42.5 g, SaturatedFat 31.7 g, Sodium 1647.9 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lemon garlic scallops?These Lemon Garlic Scallops are pan seared in butter and served in a delicious lemon garlic sauce! 10 Minutes is all you need for these tender scallops! Prepare scallops: Remove the side muscle from the scallop the pat them dry with paper towels. Cook Scallops: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat.
What is the best way to cook pan seared scallops?The Best Pan Seared Scallops with Garlic and Lemon Recipe is the secret to perfect pan seared scallops in a lemon garlic butter sauce, bursting with lemon and garlic butter flavor for a fancy seafood restaurant quality scallop dinner in under 15 minutes - from fridge to plate!
What are the best scallops to serve with garlic butter?Lemon Garlic Butter Scallops make the ultimate appetizer or meal. Golden, pan seared sea scallops drizzled with a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce – on the table in 10 minutes! Growing up in the Midwest, I didn’t eat much seafood – unless you count fish and chips.
What is pan seared scallops with lemon caper sauce?Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce. Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce is an elegant yet easy dish that is perfect for special occasions or any day of the week. The caramelized scallops and the delicious sauce is made all in one pan! The tastiest pan-seared scallops that have a beautiful caramelized crust.
Skirt steak marinated in hoisin sauce.
Provided by Nesto
This is from "Herbs and Spices the Cook's Reference" by Jill Norman. Use to rub onto fish or steak before grilling, or over a chicken before roasting.
Provided by Engrossed
Provided by hanley89
My mother sent me this unusual recipe back in the 70's. I was baking rolls in a health food restaurant at the time. The restaurant wanted me to come up...
Provided by XanderBby
I saw this recipe in TOH and changed a few things to suit my own tastes. It is very easy to throw together and has a very satisfying flavor and texture....
Provided by SaddleUp87
We heard your feedback and went back to the drawing board to double the sauciness of this recipe. Loaded with bacon and ranch seasoning, this chicken noodle...
Provided by By Cindy Rahe
This delicious breakfast-style casserole is hearty and savory enough to serve anytime of the day. Recipe is from Carnation. Note: For just the 4 of us,...
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Chewy, crispy peanut butter bars are spread with chocolate and butterscotch for a new family favorite treat.
Provided by Karo Corn Syrup
I hardly make any other cookies but these. they are so wonderful! They are loaded with lots of butterscotch, chocolate chips and oatmeal!! I make these...
Provided by cookin_nurse
Every dinner tastes better when cheesy garlic bread is on the menu. This flavorful loaf, prepped in just 10 minutes, gets a boost from Land O Lakes Butter...
Provided by By Deborah Harroun
Make and share this Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Honeybeee
Provided by Food Network
Make and share this Patak's Quick & Easy Chicken Vindaloo recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Lelandra
This recipe is adapted from a Family Circle recipe circa 1999. I have tweaked it to my liking but the integrity of the dish remains throughout. It's super...
Provided by doleful
Every year around September I get a HUGE craving for anything and everything pumpkin--especially this year since I'm expecting a little one this winter!...
Provided by smellyvegetarian
A very pretty, light, moist tea cake. IF you use the tube or bundt pan, you can use the center as a flower vase by picking fall flowers, wrapping them...
Provided by bayou-mimi
Great for a ladies' brunch or luncheon or just a breakfast/dessert! Sprinkle with edible flowers! (For a broader gender audience, add a cinnammon stick,...
Provided by GoldsmithLissa
Make and share this Baked Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Parsley
Make and share this Tennessee T-Cakes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by internetnut
People also searched
More about "pan seared lemon and garlic scallops food"
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PAN SAUCE RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (11)Category SeafoodCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper and set aside. Assemble the rest of the ingredients near the stove so you can work as quickly as possible.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter and, as soon as the butter begins to foam, add the scallops in a single layer. Work in two batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Depending on their size, sear the scallops for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes per side, transferring them to a plate, one by one as they cook through. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan, heat until foamy, then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and any juices that have accumulated on the plate with the scallops.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE - JESSICA …
4.2/5 (150)Calories 151 per servingCategory Entree
- Combine salt and hot water in a medium bowl, stir until the salt is mostly dissolved. Add ice cubes, once the water is cold add scallops. Brine scallops for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large 12-inch pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add scallops to the pan in a single layer. Gently press on them with a spatula so they make direct contact with the pan. Pan sear until golden brown on the surface, not moving them, about 3 minutes.
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
4.8/5 (20)Calories 254 per servingCategory Dinner
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan (work in batches if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
EASY GARLIC-LEMON SCALLOPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 620Calories 408 per servingCategory Seafood, Shellfish, Scallops
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque.
- Remove scallops to a platter, then whisk salt, pepper, and lemon juice into butter. Pour sauce over scallops to serve.
THE BEST PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC AND LEMON RECIPE
4.4/5 (21)Total Time 15 minsCuisine SeafoodCalories 190 per serving
- After about 4 minutes on one side, flip scallops. They should have a golden crust on the side that was face-down. (If not, increase heat, and let sear a bit more.)
CREAMY LEMON GARLIC PAN SEARED SCALLOPS • SALT & LAVENDER
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 635 per serving
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel. Trim off the tough side muscle that some of the scallops may still have (it looks whiter than the rest of the scallop). Season both sides of the scallops with salt & pepper.
- Add the butter and oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the scallops and cook them for 2-3 minutes/side. Do not overcrowd the pan, and don't move them around the pan.
- Take the pan off the heat and remove the scallops from the pan and set them aside. You can cover them with foil to keep them warm if you wish.
- Add in the garlic, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Return the pan to the heat and let it bubble for about 30 seconds - 1 minute while stirring to scrape up the brown bits.
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER RECIPE - KITCHEN SWAGGER
4.7/5 (7)Total Time 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 282 per serving
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Mince the parsley and garlic and set aside. Add the olive oil to a 12 inch cast iron skillet and bring to high heat.
- Once skillet is hot, add the scallops to the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown on the top and bottom.
- Remove scallops from the skillet and set aside. Add the butter, garlic, lemon and fresh parsley to the skillet, stirring occasionally until fully melted.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and cook for an additional minute per side. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with extra lemon butter sauce as desired. Sprinkle with a pinch of leftover fresh herbs and serve immediately.
LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (123)Calories 343 per servingCategory Main Course
- Prepare scallops: Remove the side muscle from the scallop the pat them dry with paper towels.
- Cook Scallops: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on high heat. Gently add the scallops to the skillet, making sure they are not touching each other. Season them generously with salt and pepper then add the 2 tbsp of butter to the skillet. Sear the scallops for 2 minutes on the first side then flip them over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on the other side. Season the other side with salt and pepper as well. They should have a golden crust on each side when they are done. Cook in batches if they don't all fit in the skillet. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Make sauce: In another skillet (see notes) heat the olive oil over high heat then add the butter and cook until it melts. Add the garlic and saute for 20 to 30 seconds until it becomes aromatic. Don't over cook it, you don't want it to burn.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the sauce for another minute then turn off the heat. Add the scallops back to the skillet, including all the juices.
PAN SEARED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC-LEMON BUTTER - FOOD.COM
5/5 (19)Total Time 20 minsCategory Very Low CarbsCalories 261 per serving
- Beat butter with a fork in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, parsley and 1/8 tsp salt until combined. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat until smoking. Meanwhile toss shrimp, salt, pepper and sugar in a medium bowl. Add half of shrimp to pan in a single layer and cook until spotty brown and edges turn pink, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; using tongs, flip each shrimp and let stand until all but very center is opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp to a large plate.
- Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp; after second batch has stood off heat, return first batch to skillet along with flavored butter and toss to combine. Cover skillet and let stand until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
LEMON BUTTERED SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
4.9/5 (14)Author Valerie BertinelliServings 4Category Main-Dish
- Place the scallops on a paper towel-lined sheet tray and pat dry. Sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large nonstick saute pan on medium-high heat, then add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the scallops and sear on one side until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently turn the scallops over and add the Lemon Butter, basting the scallops by gently spooning the melting butter over the top, for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and allow the scallops to simmer until they are cooked through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a platter and sprinkle with the chives.
- Combine the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon the butter onto the lower third of a piece of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic wrap over the butter and use a spatula to compress the butter into a log about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide. Twist both ends of the plastic wrap to seal the butter inside. Refrigerate the butter until firm, at least 30 minutes, before using.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
3.1/5 (221)Category Appetizers
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC ... - LEMON BLOSSOMS
Ratings 3Calories 228 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Course
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BROWN BUTTER AND LEMON PAN SAUCE ...
3.4/5 (22)Servings 4
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS COOKS IN 10 ... - A GOUDA LIFE
4.8/5 (4)Category Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine SeafoodTotal Time 12 mins
- Gather and prep all ingredients before you start cooking because the scallops will cook really quickly.
- Thoroughly dry the scallops using paper towels. This is an important step to getting the beautiful sear shown in the photos.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the scallops without overcrowding cooking 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side allowing them to sear then remove them from the skillet onto a plate.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanCategory Pan-Fry & SkilletServings 4Total Time 15 mins
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - STREETSMART ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 15 minsCategory Gluten FreeCalories 301 per serving
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels before cooking. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large flat-bottom pan or cast iron skillet until sizzling, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place scallops in the hot pan (they should sizzle as soon as they touch the pan) in a single layer, leaving at least 1 inch in between each one. Sear undisturbed on one side for 2-3 minutes or until it’s golden brown underneath. Flip and sear the other side for 2-3 minutes, undisturbed.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside. In the same pan, add butter until melted, scraping off the brown bits from the pan. Stir in garlic and let it infuse the butter for about a minute. Add wine and lemon juice. Let it cook until the alcohol evaporates and the sauce is thickened a little. Taste and add more salt if desired. Turn off the heat.
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH WILTED SPINACH - THE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 136 per serving
- Carefully place half the scallops in the pan and allow them to cook, untouched, for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the side touching the pan is lightly browned and has a light brown crust. The sides will be opaque when done.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsCategory SavoryCalories 608 per serving
- Combine lemon peel, wine, shallots and garlic in heavy small saucepan. Boil until mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Add cream and turmeric and boil until mixture thickens and is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 13 minutes.
PAN SEARED SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - CAFE ...
5/5 (25)Total Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 335 per serving
- Pat dry room temperature salmon filets with paper towel. Season all over with salt, pepper. Squeeze 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice over each filet, and rub all the flavour in.
- Heat the olive in a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place salmon filets flesh side down, pressing them lightly so the entire surface of the flesh comes into contact with the pan. Sear, undisturbed, for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Flip and sear the other side of each filet for TWO minutes. Add in the butter, chopped garlic, 3 tablespoons of parsley, remaining lemon juice and lemon slices. Stir the butter and garlic around each filet.
- Continue to cook the salmon for a further 1-2 minutes, or until salmon reaches desired doneness. (The butter will begin to brown slightly.) Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your tastes, and add more lemon juice if desired.
PAN SEARED WHOLE30 SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC GHEE (PALEO ...
5/5 (11)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 216 per serving
- Use a paper towel pat dry the scallops as best as possible, then sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops into the pan without touching each other (you may need to cook them in 2 batches) and cook one side for 2 minutes.
- Once the bottom layer forms a caramelized crust, flip the scallops and cook for 1-2 minutes until the other side forms a browned crust as well.
HONEY GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 5Calories 153 per serving
- In a small bowl whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic and lemon. Add half of the sauce to the scallops and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized skillet at the butter. Add the scallops and discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium high. Sear scallops for 3- 3½ minutes on each side until they are golden brown on each side. Add the reserved marinade to the skillet. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken and add scallops back in to coat. Garnish with green onions.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (14)Total Time 15 minsCategory MainCalories 206 per serving
- Pat the scallops dry on both sides with a paper towel. Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it's just smoking. Add the scallops in a single layer and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
QUICK GLAZED PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC - TALKING MEALS
Reviews 1Servings 4Cuisine American, FrenchCategory Main Course
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER - SIZZLEFISH
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA | COOKING ...
Author Seafood Nutrition PartnershipEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
SEARED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanCategory SeafoodServings 4Total Time 10 mins
SEARED LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
GARLIC BUTTER SEARED BAY SCALLOPS WITH LINGUINE - INSPIRED ...
Cuisine ItalianCategory Dinner, ScallopsServings 2
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER - BON APPETIT
Category SeafoodTotal Time 10 mins
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER | RECIPE ...
5/5 (33)Total Time 10 minsServings 4
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC - WHOLESOME YUM
5/5 (24)Calories 166 per servingCategory Main Course
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE [VIDEO ...
4.2/5 (150)Total Time 40 mins
PASTA > LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA WITH PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS
calories 376Saturated fat 2 gCholesterol 48 mgTotal fat 9 g
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPES
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAN-SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PAN SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPES
HOW TO COOK PERFECT SEARED SCALLOPS - ALL INFORMATION ...
PAN SEARED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS | – TINTORERA
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PASTA • SEAFOOD ...
SCALLOPS BACON RECIPES PAN SEARED - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PAN SEARED LEMON AND GARLIC SCALLOPS RECIPE - SAYLORWOLF ...
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC PAN SAUCE | SCALLOP ...
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON BASIL GARLIC BUTTER ...
PAN SAUTEED SALMON RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
PAN SEARED LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
GARLIC PAN SEARED SCALLOPS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
THESE LEMON GARLIC SCALLOPS ARE PAN SEARED IN BUTTER AND ...