QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces chorizo, cut into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pimenton or paprika
- 2 cups short- or medium-grain rice
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/4 pounds roast chicken (meat from 3-pound chicken skinned, deboned, and torn into chunks)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- N/A freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large casserole or paella pan over high heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice (medium or short grain rice), pimenton, saffron, and bay leaves. Stir to combine and coat the rice, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add roast chicken, frozen peas, and tomato; stir to combine.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Cook uncovered until rice is tender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Ginger-laced, heart-shaped sugar cookies offer a sweetly spicy crunch.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Made with high-fat, cultured butter, these melt-in-your-mouth almond cookies are like the most tender shortbread you've ever eaten. A simple confectioners'...
Provided by Melissa Clark
Remember old-fashioned chewy ginger cookies? These get an extra spicy hit from crystallized ginger.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Make our multifunctional ginger and honey loaf cake. Enjoy with yogurt and stewed fruit for a festive brunch, or try as a teatime treat slathered with...
Provided by Barney Desmazery
A deliciously moist never-fail loaf. I bake this loaf before bed and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. NO hard crusts!
Provided by Mandy
Make and share this Gingerbread Cranberry Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ellie3763
The simplest of vinaigrettes, this recipe requires simply four ingredients, two of which are salt and pepper. It's a perfect dressing to throw on a simple...
Provided by Pierre Franey
This sauce - a dark, star anise-spiced caramel intermingled with rice wine, soy sauce, ginger and scallions - builds sweet, acidic and umami notes as it...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I love tofu...I like how it picks up the flavor of whatever sauce it's coated with. I especially liked this recipe where the tofu is browned a bit before...
Provided by Hey Jude
Provided by LawyerMom
This chicken is absolutely delicious. The kids cleaned their plates which is very rare and my husband raved about it. Of course check each spice and the...
Provided by Dannygirl
Yummy Goa chicken specialty...relished by all alike! Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with boiled rice or bread.
Provided by dVOKDAqueen
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kelly in TO
This Pancake Day try a new take on banoffee pie. Sticky dulce de leche and sweet bananas make an irresistible topping for fluffy pancakes
Provided by Esther Clark
This base of this recipe is called Puyallup Fair Scones (Recipe #183806)...I of course had to mess with a good thing and here's the recipe I came up with....
Provided by Mrs Goodall
Make a quick, hearty weeknight supper with this all-in-one chicken curry bake. Serve with naans and finely chopped red onion
Provided by Esther Clark
Top banana crisp with whipped cream for a tempting baked dessert.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
Provided by Vanessa
People also searched
More about "quick chicken and chorizo paella food"
CHICKEN & CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine SpanishTotal Time 50 minsCategory Dinner, Main Course, SupperCalories 563 per serving
- Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat. Brown the chicken all over – don’t cook completely. Once browned, transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the onions and cook slowly until softened, about 10 mins. Add the garlic, stir for 1 min, then toss in the chorizo and fry until it releases its oils.
- Stir in the spices, then tip in the rice. Stir to coat the rice in the oils and spices for about 2 mins, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, return the chicken to the pan and simmer for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas to the pan and simmer for a further 5 mins until the rice is cooked and the chicken is tender. Season well and serve with the lemon and parsley.
CHICKEN-CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | JOSE GARCES | FOOD …
Author Jose GarcesSteps 5Difficulty Intermediate
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
QUICK CHICKEN PAELLA WITH SPICY CHORIZO RECIPE
SKILLET CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - FOOD & WINE
4.4/5 (8)Total Time 1 hrServings 6
- Stir together saffron and 1/4 cup of the broth in a small bowl. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add chorizo; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to a plate lined with paper towels; reserve drippings in skillet. Add chicken, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt to skillet; cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not fully cooked, about 7 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to plate with chorizo. Do not wipe skillet clean.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and smoked paprika; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and rice; cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is almost fully absorbed, about 2 minutes. Carefully stir in saffron mixture and remaining 3 cups broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer over medium-high.
- Return chorizo and chicken to skillet, stirring lightly to partially cover with rice; sprinkle mixture with peas (do not stir peas in). Cook, uncovered and undisturbed, over medium-low, rotating skillet occasionally to evenly distribute heat, until chicken and rice are tender and liquid is almost fully absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand at room temperature until liquid is fully absorbed, about 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- Heat 2 large, deep frying pans over a medium heat. When hot, divide the chorizo between the pans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until turning golden and the oil has been released. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Divide the chicken between the pans and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to each pan, then divide the onions between them. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, until softened. Divide the garlic and paprika between each pan and cook for 1 minute. Divide the rice between them, stir to coat in the oil. Add half the hot stock to each. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pans and divide the peppers, beans and tomatoes between the pans. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little more stock or hot water if necessary.
QUICK PAELLA WITH CHORIZO, SHRIMP AND CHICKEN - FOOD …
Author Geoffrey ZakarianSteps 3Difficulty Easy
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
QUICK CUBAN-STYLE PAELLA | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
QUICK PAELLA WITH CHORIZO SHRIMP AND CHICKEN RECIPES
10 BEST CHICKEN AND CHORIZO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA I’M OBSESSED WITH PAELLA. IT’S …
CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE TASTE | XX PHOTOZ SITE
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA - CASUAL FOODIST
TOP 47 CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPES
QUICK CHICKEN PAELLA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PAELLA WITH CHORIZO | SPANISH PAELLA - PAELLA RECIPES
QUICK CHICKEN AND CHORIZO PAELLA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
QUICK PAELLA WITH CHORIZO, CHICKEN, & SHRIMP - RIGHTRICE